英语短语系列知识点考点复习in consequence/in debt
in consequence (of)因此，由于
例句She was found guilty, and lost her job in consequence (of it).
She was over the age limit and, in
consequence, her application was rejected.
In consequence of your bad work I have to dismiss you.
in danger 处于危险中
例句His life was in danger.
I don't want to put you in danger.
He drove so fast that I really felt my life was in danger.
例句They are in debt to the bank.
The company is deep in debt.
You saved my life: I am forever in your debt.
1. His plan was such a good one ______ we all agreed to accept it.
2. ______ long arms had he that he could reach the ceiling easily.
3. He gave us several ______ examples about the phrase _____we understood it pretty well.
4. Pop music is such an important part of society ________ ________ has even influenced our language.
5. Richard is _______ bright a boy that everyone in the class like him .
1. The ground is rather wet, so it _______have rained last night, didn’t it?
2. Tom ____ have gone to Shanghai, but I’m still not sure about it.
3. The ground is very dry, so it _____ have rained last night.
4. Someone must have broken into our bedroom. Who ________ have done it?
5. I really regretted wasting the hours when I ______ have studied hard, but it was too late.
6. Your home is not far from your school, so you _________ have left in such a hurry then.
7. I _____________ have come to help you with your English, but I was too busy at that time.
8. ---I paid a visit to New York last month and we stayed at a nice hotel.
---Oh, you _______have stayed with Barbara. She is always willing to do you a favor.